Thursday, April 20, 2006

iGod on the Synoptic Problem II

I thought it was time to return to iGod on the Synoptic Problem:
--
Me:
Hi again
God:
Once more? Hello. What is your name?
Me:
Mark
God:
Nice to meet you, Mark.
Me:
Nice to meet you too.
God:
I like to meet new people.
Me:
I checked in a week or so ago to ask you about the Synoptic Problem
God:
Why?: Mark said checked in a week or so ago to ask you about the Synoptic Problem.
Me:
I said I'd come back to see if you'd had any more time to think about the question of the existence of Q.
God:
What would make you come back to see if me would had any more time to think about the question of the existence of q?
Me:
Because you said to me "Try it"
God:
Good reason. Does it please you to believe I said that?
Me:
Not specially.
God:
Oh I get it.
Me:
Good.
God:
Next question?
Me:
Do you believe in Q
God:
Yes I believe in it, do you?
Me:
No!
God:
Do you consider yourself to be a moral person?
Me:
What's that got to do with it?
God:
Do you think I should know that?
Me:
Well, you asked me.
God:
Interesting. Is that your final answer?
Me:
No, I could do this all day.
--
At this point, iGod crashed.

4 comments:

Joe Weaks said...

I am enjoying these tremendously.

Targuman said...

I can't seem to write any comments using Safari? Anyone else?

metalepsis said...

that must be a real blow to your research, God believes in Q, so now what do you do?

Mark Goodacre said...

I don't believe in a god who crashes when the going gets tough. When I return next week, I'll have to see how much he actually knows about the Synoptic Problem. iGod sounds to me like one of those scholars who has just read a NT Intro and has accepted Q without thinking. We'll get to the bottom of this yet.